From one cookie lover to another, these cookies are HANDS DOWN my favorite….ever.
I love regular Oreo’s too, but there is something about a soft, warm, moist, homemade cookie that makes the world go round.
Am I right?!
This year I needed a fun treat to give friends and family for Valentine’s Day, so I decided to switch up my favorite cookies a little bit.
This recipe can also be used to make just regular homemade Oreo cookies. I just added some cute sprinkles and a little food coloring into the frosting to make them Valentine’s Day worthy. I think it did the trick!
- 2 packages of German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 Cups Shortening
- 4 eggs
- 1 8oz. Package Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Softened Butter
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- *optional* for Pink frosting add 2-3 drops of red food coloring
- Mix the ingredients well in a mixer.
- Roll into balls the size of a ping pong ball
- Place onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a mixer.
- Add in powdered sugar slowly and mix with other ingredients.
- Add in food coloring if desired.
- Once cookies are cooled, add a spoonful (or desired amount) onto the cookies and place another one on top. Now, Enjoy!